Job Hire is a subsidiary of Pont Media Limited, NZ, and is committed to respecting the privacy of its customers. The following policy discusses how personal information received by Job Hire will be dealt with.
Although not required by law to comply with its provisions, Job Hire seeks to opt in to the Privacy Act 1988 (also sometimes referred to as the Privacy Principles Act or the Personal Information Privacy Principles Act) in dealing with its customers. We do this so that our customers will have confidence that they are dealing with a supplier committed to excellence and security for our customers.
Information Protection Principles
Job Hire must not do anything, or engage in any practice, that contravenes any information protection principles contained in the Privacy Act. In particular Job Hire declares that it will:
Not collect personal information unless:
- The information is collected for a lawful purpose that is directly related to a function or activity of Job Hire , AND
- The collection of the information is reasonably necessary for that purpose;
Job Hire will not collect personal information by any unlawful means OR
- Collect the information directly from the individual.
Job Hire will make the individual to whom the information relates aware of:
- The fact that the information is being collected, AND
- The purposes for which the information is being collected, AND
- The intended recipients of the information, AND
- Whether the supply of the information by the individual is required by law or is voluntary,
- Any consequences for the individual if the information (or any part of it) is not provided, AND
- The existence of any right of access to, and correction of, the information, AND
- The name and address of the company Job Hire that is collecting the information.
Job Hire will further:
- Ensure that any information collected is relevant to that purpose, is not excessive, and is accurate, up to date and complete, and that the collection of the information does not intrude on the personal affairs of the individual;
- Ensure that the information is kept for no longer than is necessary, that the information is disposed of securely, that the information is protected against loss, unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure, etc.;
- Ensure that everything possible is done to prevent unauthorised use or disclosure of the information;
- Help an individual to ascertain whether Job Hire holds personal information relating to them, and, if so, the nature of that information, its purpose, and their entitlement to gain access to the information;
- Provide the individual with access to the information;
- Make appropriate amendments (whether by way of corrections, deletions or additions) to ensure that the personal information is accurate, and relevant, up to date, complete and not misleading;
- Attach to the information, in such a manner as is capable of being read with the information, any statement provided by that individual of any amendment sought;
- Notify recipients of that information of the amendments made;
- Not use the information for a purpose other than that for which it was collected unless:
- Ensure the individual to whom the information relates has consented to the use of the information for that other purpose, OR
- The other purpose for which the information is used is directly related to the purpose for which the information was collected, OR
- The use of the information for that other purpose is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual to whom the information relates or of another person;
- Not disclose unless the disclosure is necessary to prevent or lessen a serious and imminent threat to the life or health of the individual concerned or another person;
- Ensure that, if personal information is disclosed to a person or body that is a public sector agency, that agency does not use or disclose the information for a purpose other than the purpose for which the information was given to it;
Not disclose personal information relating to:
- an individual's ethnic or racial origin; OR
- political opinions; OR
- religious or philosophical beliefs; OR
- trade union membership; OR
- Health or sexual activities.
For further information please contact our Company office +64 (09) 378 6200